A Tenure-Track Associate Professor
April 1, 2012 (at the earliest) - March 31, 2017
- PhD degree in Natural Science or Engineering, preferably no earlier than April 2002.
- In case that the applicant got degrees in Tokyo Tech, two or more years experience of research and/or education at other institutions (academic or industry) is additionally required.
- English-language proficiency
*Japanese proficiency is not a requirement in the selection. However some Japanese skill will be necessary to carry out your research and educational activities once you are actually hired.
(Organic Materials, Nanotechnology, Materials Creation)
- Research activities in accordance with the research plan submitted at the time of employment
- Educational activities including supervising students and giving lectures at undergraduate and graduate school.
An office and a laboratory space are provided in the Department of Organic Polymeric Materials (Ookayama Campus).
Basic Salary and Fringe Benefit Package
*Determined in accordance with regulation of Tokyo Tech and with consideration of qualification, work experience and achievement.
**Fringe benefit package includes housing allowance, health insurance, retirement allowance and etc.
(Calculation example of basic salary)
1) Associate Professor, age 34 with 7-year experience as a researcher (full-time position) after obtaining a doctorate ⇒ approximately 6,682,000 yen per year.
2) Lecturer, age 31 with 5-year experience as a researcher (full-time position) after obtaining a doctorate ⇒ approximately 5,871,000 yen per year.
|Application Documents to be submitted
All the application documents should be written in English.
*Please include the information of three references.
(name/affiliation/phone number/email address)
2) List of publication , invited talks, awards, etc.
3) Brief outline of past research achievements
4) Description of research plan
5) Copies of about 5 representative papers
For details about application procedure, NEXT-->
- Research Achievement
- Plan and Future Perspective of your Reserach and Education Activity
- International Activeness and Leadership
Japanese universities have compulsory retirement ages. In Tokyo Tech the retirement age for tenured faculty members is 65 years.